Album Review ~ Wings


We have finally made it to my first album! This is the first album I bought and heard most of. I didn't become an army during this era but I did buy this album first and I learned about BTS through this album. Weirdly enough.

WINGS: Fun Facts
Was released October 2016
This came in 4 different versions (I got version N with no poster sadly) 
So I am pretty sure that this is the first time we got solos:
Everyone wrote something on this one not necessarily by themselves but they helped.

SONGS: 
1. Boy Meets Evil
So this would be JHope rapping for us and DANCING like a Mo Fo dear lord...This was also their comeback trailer also did we mention that in the music video that RM starts us off with reading from a book called Demian and while I haven't read it many a Army have so you can check out their reviews.

In the meantime let's all take a minute to appreciate how well Hobi dances and raps.

2. Blood Sweat and Tears
Oh Shit hold your seats this was the song that Army lost their ever loving minds over

So Imma just leave the video here cause your girl isn't smart enough anyway to figure out what it's all about. This was the first time I realized deep down that I am not nearly smart enough to understand them, their music nor their videos so I just except the fact that I I am here for the pretty and I like the message and on songs like this I just like the beat and the pretty...


3. Begin
So this is our little Kookie who to be quite frank isn't little anymore but I digress... Any way this is his first solo and my goodness is it not heart breakingly awesome. Also he helped with the writing and if you have ever gotten a chance to catch it live I envy you the dancing looked amazing.
the part that really stuck out to me was the story telling and how he stated his journey coming to Seoul at 15 and how his hyung's raised him to help him be who he is. They are the ones who helped him to be himself and that just is awesome!

4. Lie
Okay this is Jimin and boy oh boy save me. This was the song and when I say the song I mean THE SONG that made me realize HOLY SHIT I LOVE JIMIN I mean I kind of knew this before but HOLY SHIT I LOVE JIMIN and this SONG AND FUCK this song is AMAZING and damn did he write this too? AND FUCK I LOVE JIMIN I don't think I say that enough for this boy boyo but DAMN IT I LOVE JIMIN 
Okay okay enough of this nonsense I shall show you why you should love JIMIN too..
Every time caught in a lie comes on I blast that shit and sing a long to it badly and poorly never doing it justice but SHIT I LOVE THIS SONG

5. Stigma
Awww and now we have V and his solo and it has a piano intro and ya'll should know by now how I feel about the piano intros and all that.
Like seriously can someone explain to me how this boy can go from super deep at the begin to so high in the middle to make your tummy ache to break your heart to want to hold him in this song? 

No?
Okay good not just me then
Great
I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm sorry my brother is my favorite part...

6. First Love
Oh Shit it's Suga's first solo per say and I may not survive it and shit shit shit he's deep in this one...
Okay and why does him saying piano sounds sexy as hell

Holy God the emotion in this song and the struggle and the love for his music and FUCK MIN YOONGI WHY YOU GOTTA DO ME LIKE THAT IN THIS SONG. 
I mean Jesus bring it down a notch I just want to live I just want to live thinking you are living your life being happy. You and your damn piano I... I just... Imma go cry and be back to finish this later


You see the shitty thing about doing these is I have always loved the songs and then when I do these reviews I actually look at the English lyrics and I realize even more that these boys are fucking amazing and we don't deserve them and yet I love them and can't let them go...

okay let's do this

7. Reflection
Fuck it's RM's turn I'm not going to survive this album
Okay I'm not going to lie this song is really underrated but I hate the part where he says:
"But you know, sometimes I really hate myself, to be honest, quite often, I really hate myself."
Then he goes on about how people are there with 2s or 3s and he is there by himself "It'd be nice if I had friends too" FUCK ME NAMJOON (and not in the dirty way) but in the heart breaking OMG let me hold you tightly way


Oh my god this song doesn't get any happier what the fuck why is this my favorite?
"The World is just another name for despair"
"I am all of my joy and anxiety, it repeats everyday, the love and hate directed to me"
I want to be free, I want to be free from freedom
I'm happy but I'm unhappy
I wish I could love myself (Dear God I am so happy we finally reach an album where they learn how to love themselves... Jesus)


8. MAMA
Alright I am banking that JHOPE my sunshine and eternal happiness in this world and not BTS WORLD WHERE HE FUCKING HATES ME has a happier song for me since it's about his MAMA God let's us pray

Well we're starting off good as it's like a roaring 20's kind of feel... but not like a bad 20's like a great Gatsby kind of thing.
Okay I knew I could count on our boy. He's the son he is now with that one promise. Hey Mama you can lean on me now.
God some days I just think we don't deserve Hobi... I mean damn if I ever did this for MamaG she would love me for life I mean I am sure she already does but damn this is the ultimate mother's day gift


9. Awake
We got Jin! It's his time to shine baby!!!
God I hope it's a good happy song but I am doubting it as it has violins as the intro.
And god I keep forgetting I am suppose to pay attention to the words as I keep singing the only English parts I know like maybe I can never fly
Maybe I can't touch the sky
Again signing like I know I can even though I can't
My God I forget how beautiful he sings. It's just a treat even when sad to listen to that man sing. My goodness.
And he's pretty
 

 








10. Lost
Alright solos are done and we are moving on to the vocal line... let's do this
So this song is about what paths to take and how many there are. They are asking is this what it is to become an adult...
Yes young child it is EVERY DAMN DAY I have to pick something and I hate it...
To lose your path is the way to find the path... cute not accurate always but cute
do love the chorus though
LOST MY WAY 
So I'm going to be honest here. This might be the one freaking song on this album I truly only know the LOST MY WAY part... but to be fair it's the opposite of most of the albums so there's that...

11. BTS Cypher 4
Rap line Bitches
OHHHHHHH this is the cypher weirdly that I know the best. SUCK IT
I love this one RM starts us off and the sorry bae always gets me in my soul But you know my name. I love I love I love myself... well that didn't take long...
I know I know I know myself
Ya playa haters you should love yourself
JHOPE
I love the slow rap that leads to the slow clapback
and now we got some SUGA
Seriously does the boy ever breathe how does he hold his breathe that long to rap and shit it's fast I can't read that fast. DAMN IT SUGA 
Click clack to the bang, you and you (best part cause I can actually rap with him) and now back to Korean... I'm always thankful for not earning anything easily (Well shit Suga way to make yourself both humble and the rest of us shit) Any who enjoy the boys going after it for ya


12. Am I Wrong
Someone tell me why does this feel like a blues song or a hoe down...
No I got it like a country song that shouldn't be here
Fish lives in our lives and it's selfish selfish .... I laughed okay I did and now I will never see that word the same
Okay so I finally did some research on this song and apparently this was about some political corruption going on in the government. This could have gotten them blacklisted in their country... Well hats off to BTS for being bold enough to sing about this topic and to handle it in a way that made their feelings known and to be bold enough to do something about it.

13. 21st Century Girl
Okay so this is a female empowerment song. 20th century girls (live your life, live your life come on baby) 21st century girls ( you don't mind, you don't mind that new lady) Tell them that your strong tell them you're enough. So yeah... also had the best costume dance rehearsal and honestly I just think sometimes they need a fun song and this was it for the album.


14. 2! 3!
okay I'm just going to say thank God they gave us Mama and 21st Century Girl cause damn this album was sad as fuck and then add this song and no wonder I ate that cheesy bread and chocolate cake tonight for dinner

Anyway I can't do this shit anymore watch the damn video then come eat with me and we will talk about our feelings later

15. Interlude Wings
Oh shit I know this one.
Take me to the sky y y y y y y y y yy
wait how did they know which J RM was talking about?
Any way JHOPE knew it was him and they went on and I love that they left us upbeat cause damn it if 2! and 3! didn't hurt my soul

So Wings that was wings my first album with BTS and my God I forget sometimes how sad this era was. JESUS I'm so use to Love Yourself era shit. So here we are folks. How was your feels and how are they surviving. How did you survive this era?
What's your favorite song from this album?

Comments