Album Review ~ Map of The Soul: Persona




Alright only 2 more albums to go and then we wait for the newest release... although I might go back and review the mix tapes in between to kill time...

We finally have gotten to the 6th Mini Album: Map Of The Soul: PERSONA 

Fun Facts:
This album was the start of a "new story" 
It was released April 12, 2019
There were 4 album releases (photo shoots below) I own version 2
 Version 1
 Version 2
 Version 3
Version 4

Alright onto the songs:

1. INTRO: Persona
So I remember when this first came out and all the SMART AMRYs going crazy over how he took it back and then they analysed everything on that chalkboard. That was good times. 
I like this song for numerous reasons. First RM rapping... second his hair (shallow yes but I accept that about myself) and third the song is all about asking, "Who Am I?" And RM's discovery of how to answer that song. The answer is he probably won't ever know. He does talk about his shadow and how it appears under the stage light - This is a hint at obviously what was to come. Also refer to the book Jung's Map of the Soul which is what helped them write this album and the next. 
I love this song for the rawness but also for the beat cause I'm shallow like that

2. 작은 것들을 위한 시 (Boy With Luv) ft. Halsey



Let's be honest for a moment... is anyone else sick of this song yet? Other than the hair and the rap (AKA SUGA) I really just can't with this song anymore. I am proud that they got so popular with it but lawd please don't make me listen to it any more. This is not to say that I don't bust out singing it every time it comes up on a playlist it just means that it was for sure overplayed when released. 


3. 소우주 (Mikrokosmos)
Any who this song is soft and gentle and just something one needs. It can be interpretive differently but I like to think it is them singing about looking out at the arena and seeing all our Army Bombs and then seeing how we are all unique. Now I might be wrong but I enjoy my version. If you have a different one... great and I'll listen but for me this is the song for everyone to recognize how important they are in the world. 


4. Make It Right
So this shocked me but did you know Ed Sheeran helped write this... Cause I didn't
That makes things interesting. Also there is a remix of this song with Lauv and it's super cute...

This is also a nice slow and soft song and I just love it. It makes my heart happy.


5. Home
So again this is one of their lovely songs that can be taken anyway you want but I again choose to think it's about me AKA Army (I am an only child let me live) and how they feel at home when they are with us but know that they can always go back home... not sure if that even makes sense but I have to got to say as much as I love their fast songs something about a whole ass album minus 2 songs being slow does something to me. 


6. Jamais Vu 
This is a focus song with Jin, JHope and Jungkook which is super exciting. In this song we learn about Shadow too... I am telling you the fun thing about being reviewing these albums from behind is this... finding the hints I never would have in other times. 

I honestly love these 3 together and how they harmonize with each other. 

7. Dionysus

Okay admit it this is just a fun ass song to drink and dance too and I applaud BTS for putting it out there. Also DAMN man slow down with the dancing and I LOVED THIS ONE LIVE... 

Comments