Album Review ~ Love Yourself: Her


Album Review Time... This time we are reviewing LOVE YOURSELF: HER the first in the love yourself trilogy. 

Fun Facts: 
Was released September 18, 2017
DNA was the lead single
Within 24 hours of being released the music video for DNA had 21 million views
This made it the first video by a Kpop artist to have over 20 million views in 24 hours
Mic Drop is also on this one babies!!
4 versions of the album came out L O V E (I have V)
 Concept L
 Concept O
 Concept V
Concept E

Songs: 
1.Intro Serendipity
Okay first of JIMIN 
Second JIMIN
Third holy shit has anyone else seen him dance to this song? 
Anyway when you get past all of that it's a sweet song and I was extremely happy when we finally got to it. Because to be honest if you are going to get a song stuck in your ear for FUCKING ever and be fair you know this album is that fucking album that songs get stuck in your ear especially when reviewing it because I have to listen to it. Then look at English lyrics then come up with something witty then find the fucking videos... etc well you get the point.
ANY N WAYZ you can get some weird ass shit stuck in your fucking head. So if you are going to get shit stuck here. Serendipity isn't a bad one.. 

JUST LET ME LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE YOOOOOOOUUUUUU is a great song to be belting out in the shower

2.DNA

So I'm not going to lie I have never read nor listened to the English lyrics and while I claim to be a smart person I had no idea what this was about. Now that I know it's about soul mates (FANFIC ANYONE) I can see why so many people had googly heart eyes over it. I get you now boo I see why the girls lost their shit over this one. 
Well poop now I Just feel silly well DNA has a whole new meaning for me. 

3.Best of Me
Alright I am not too proud to admit that this is yet another one of those songs that I have listened to a lot and still had no idea what it was about. Best of me again I assumed was giving the best of me not that someone had the best of me and that you were hoping they wouldn't leave because if they did they would take with them the best of you. So yeah there's that one... 



4. Dimple
VOCAL LINE SONG BITCHES also in 5th Munster these boys went HARD and I didn't know how I felt about that... I'm totally lying I straight up fainted and then had some nasty dreams.
 So anyway you don't care about that and I didn't feel like you needed more go look up as much fanfiction as I read and you will understand where those thoughts came from. So the boys decided to sing a song about dimples and how they are illegal when someone smiles and they pop out. And they are right I'm looking at you Namjoon... and Kookie and fuck doesn't Hoseok have them sweet baby Jesus they are just wrong one everyone. 
I mean damn it boys keep it real and stop with the hip thrust do we need all those? And apparently we do as they just don't stop. Excuse me I need a shower

5. Pied Piper
Alright so what I admire about this song and always have is how brutally honest they are with the lyrics. 
Now stop watching and study for your test Your parents and director hate me Video clips, pictures, tweets V app, Bon Voyage I know, you can’t help what you like But stop, interpret the music video later You have so many pictures of me in your room anyway It’s not just one hour, it’s a whole year that’ll disappear So this song is an award I’m giving to you Good You’re not being punished Come here, I’m your paradise Can’t close your eyes Can’t close your eyes You can throw a fit but it’s no use (Don’t reject me) Just close your eyes, tune your ears Follow the sound of the pipe, follow this song It’s a bit dangerous but I’m so sweet I’m here to save you, I’m here to ruin you You called me, see? I’m so sweet

I mean GOOD GOD GUYS SERIOUSLY is this a cult and I didn't know (psych just playing I have enough of their shit and have wasted enough of my time to recognize that I belong to a cult) but damn props for letting the rest of the world know it too. I mean I love how confident they are to recognize that at this point they own us and we is some broke ass bitches that literally buy anything they throw at us and don't question it. Including a song that let's us know that we will listen to the sound of a pipe that is going to ruin us... Jesus we is whipped but I mean look at this shit

Not to mention shit these boys really enjoy singing this song I mean look at the confidence and swag they give off when doing this song. 



6. Skit: Billboard Music Awards Speech
SKIP it's them accepting an award it's cute but I'm going to skip reviewing

7. Mic Drop 
Another song the boys go hard at and is amazing to see live
So this video is the remix done by a great ass DJ Steve Aoki and I love his work so I added the remix here for you to enjoy. The original song on this album doesn't have as much English in it. But you get the gist of the song. It is a nice little bragging rights for the boys and hell I love the dance break yo. 

8. GoGo
Okay we just appreciate the dance we got from this especially the Bangtan Bomb if you decide to watch please start it at 1:38 ish unless you want to watch a very confusing game of paper rock scissors 
So I think this was a song to all the broke Armys or hell broke people all around the world. You know us broke people who always wanna do things that we can't do but are like FUCK IT YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE YOLO so we blow what little money we have and just go and have fun. Yeah this theme song is for *coughmewhyyououttherejudgingmecough* So I dig it YOLO YOLO YOLO YO Where my money yah 

And it's a fun song take judgement elsewhere. I LOVE IT. It's also another ear-wick that I will have in my head FOR FUCKING EVER

9. Outro: Her
Oh SHIT we have a slow ass RAP LINE song
Also can we just say now that Namjoon does not get enough credit nor does any of the rap line for some complex shit they rap about.
"I can be a fake self as long as you embrace me" 
I mean damn baby 
Damn then Suga comes and breaks my heart further with: I can never take off this mask because, within this mask, I am not the guy that you know. He wakes up to dress up to mask up to be the me that you love  so that he can be the guy that you love

Well that was fun I always always love it when they end on a sad ass note like this because why the fuck not. 

So what was your favorite song of this album? 

Comments