Album Review ~ Dark & Wild


Album Review time say what?!

So we are going to review the 1st official full length album I believe the other 3 were mini albums. I might be wrong don't come at me. In between this one and the repacked Skool Luv Affair was the 1st Japan Single Album: No More Dream (released june 4,2014) this had 3 tracks 1)No More Dream 2) Attack on Bangtan 3) I like it
Then 2nd Japan album quickly followed called Boy In Luv (released July 16, 2014) also had 3 tracks on it 1) Boy In Luv 2) N.O 3) Just One Day - man they got all the good songs I mean don't get me wrong we did get a lot of songs but dude if you had to summarize the songs that people should get in a quick little package those are the 6 songs thus far. Any who then this album was released August 19, 2014 titled

Dark & Wild
it is comprised of 14 tracks and I will be hella honest I recognize 1 (Danger) so hold onto your seats, sit back and relax cause here we go and I am confident it will be hella long and full of gifs

1) Intro: What Am I To You?
So it's starts off like the intro for Boy In Luv video which threw my world off
RM just jumps right in with "come here I'm bout to take you higher, we about to set this love on fire he is actually being positive for once and likes the girl AKA us and we turned all his negatives into a positive and our thorns we put out turned out to be because we were roses and now he wants us to call him oppa

Now I never knew I had an oppa kick until I started in on this Kdrama and Korean stuff it's weirdly like have a daddy kick but it feels safer...I'm just saying.
Also what the ever loving fuck is a pocket monster...
So your girl did a thing:

WHAT DOES POCKET MONSTER MEAN?
Pokemon is the shortened form of Pocket Monsters, pronounced something like 'poketto monsta' in Japanese. the name refers the platform its on, the Gameboy, which was small enough to fit in a (rather large) pocket AKA boy pocket *the AKA part added by your girl*
Thank you google how the hell did we ever live without that resource in our lives is beyond me and now we can move on with this album review I can already tell it's going to be a long one.

So he's going on and on about today being happier then yesterday and and I just get this sinking feeling that it's all going to go to shit in a hand basket... I mean anyone else?

AND CALLED IT. He starts to question everything like why is her messages so short and she only answers with yes and no, or I'm sleeping (clearly your not if your answering) he is calling her all the time, etc. My God this song is like a Kdrama wrapped up in a 3 minute rap. I sincerely hope we get the HEA that they promise us in 29 episodes. Nope guessing not since he says "you say you don't like me but you don't hate me either" Naw boy I thinking you should let this one go. But, instead of breaking up you wanna write a contract of how many kisses and hand holds you should have in a day (KDRAMA anyone?!? ANYONE)... I am going to say maybe just walk away with what little dignity you have left and do what that stupid Disney movie taught us
FUCK now I will have that song stuck in my head for a year. And well it ended on a sad note so not a Kdrama more of an angst one sided love song that she clearly is regretting her life choices 6 years later.

2) Danger
Let's do this... first off this is the only song I know on this album and second off NAMJOON IS BLONDE AGAIN HOLY GOD
Okay now that we have cleared up that let's move on. Also if Kookie can really play piano like that he might have added yet another life skill that I am jealous serious can this boy literally do everything? So let's run through the list of skill sets...
Namjoon - writing
Kookie - piano playing
Tae - looking in a mirror
Hosek - dancing
Yoongi - basketball
Jimin - and those super plump lips is wrapping his hands to hit a bag
Jin - staring mysterious to the side

I think I have them all
Also can we take a moment to count the red heads... 3 seriously 3 freaking red heads... Yoongi, Jin and KOOKIE just wanted to pause to count. And the dancing is on point. Unpause. Also did they just drop the F bomb? Is there a f bomb in Korean language if so why then use our version of it? So this song for the most part is they are being treated badly by their girlfriends or female counterpart who they think is their girlfriend and they want to know why? I am guessing they also don't want to be tested. They want to know what they are to them, why she is playing with them, etc. Turns out Jin is staring off to the side cause he is burning this bitch down

So yeah and Tae is not staring at himself in a mirror he is going to give himself a haircut so you know they all have their own talents. I like this song but it's not my favorite even when I'm angry. Check out the video for yourself below



3) War of Hormones
Okay turns out I knew more songs then I thought. I LOVE THIS SONG and you can come at me if you don't like it.

I know everyone gave them shit for this song saying it was anti-female and it degraded women. Bitch please check out some serious rap and go after that if you have an issue. It talks about young men like women and chasing them. SO DOES EVERY FUCKING KPOP MALE SONG OUT THERE. Ever heard of Monster, Growl, Love Shot, Boss, Cherry Bomb YEAH BITCH same shit different group. So y'all who wanna ride BTS for this song stop listening to pretty much any male group in general in any genre and then we'll talk. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy this song and FUCKING stare at the video because the boys look way to damn hawt in it.

4) Hip Hop Lover
I might be wrong but I feel like this could be a rap line kind of song with people asking them why they love that Hip Hop Shit?
So few of the rappers they list, Epik High, Jay-Z, Nas (no wonder they were so stoked to see him at the Grammy's), "and of course the classics...Illmatic and Doggystyle (I think they mean Snoop Dogg but I might be wrong maybe a Korean band?) and then they list In My Mind and KRS-ONE no who those are they would have to be Korean rappers right?
They keep at it the only one after that I actually recognize was Eminem hollar and the Chronic I think maybe what is throwing me is the whole fact they are throwing in Rappers names and albums and I have no flipping clue when they are going to change it up. So needless to say RM reminds us that was all he listened to like an old lady and...

anywho I kind of missed what came next til our bun Jungkook comes in with I'll be down for your rap I'll be down for your rhythm and shit way too many of the fanfics I've been reading popped into my head at that moment... and

and we moved on to JHope who tells us about his hip hop love and list off some of the same rappers with a few new ones and how he admits he is still inexperienced working on his resume but he is flying on stage but they helped him get up when he was down expressing it with their bodies. Remember kids JHope is a dancer *ding ding* also mad props for mentioning Biggie, Tupac and Nas all in the same line he clearly doesn't understand picking a side 0_o He does say whatever his response is it is sensual HEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY Boi I see what you did there....

Now Jimin is singing the response and chorus and I can see how ships are formed I really can. Suga wraps (yes play on words intended) up and talks about how rap found him and in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (seriously these boys had dreams way to early in life I'm like 39 and still trying to find my damn dream any who I digress back to the song and BTS) 
Okay I started wondering if I would like this song and honestly without the meaning behind it I would have told you no. It's beats while okay are nothing to write home about and it moves at a different pace then their other songs but now that I have read the English lyrics and grasp the full concept of this song I understand what the meaning I have to say this is a very powerful song and message that I think gets over looked. I think that it explains a lot about our rap line and why they persist and do what they do. I have to say I am happy that I listened to this song and will now have it on rotation more.

5)Let Me Know
So this might be our vocal line song? I don't know all I know is it sounds like a slow rock jam. V starts us off and I am digging it. Or it's a breakup song and they are all about to beat us up with our feels a... freaking gin and here comes Suga to help
Fuck it's okay I didn't need to do anything today but cry and have a puffy face so why not. And dear Jesus I mean I wish I had seen this live because well... maybe not but the vocal range on all of them was specticular and JOON did you just sing/rap cause Imma need to hear that more. I need y'all to share in the love so here's a video of it live you can thank me by naming a baby after me in some way.

Also all the looks on the boys in this concert whenever it was is just DAMN it's just DAMN

6) Rain
I feel like this isn't going to be what I think it is going to be which is a soothing white noise go to sleep song. So as Jungkook would say
FUCK it does start with rain. Hold up let me actually check the album cause sometimes these lyric videos screw with me. yeah it screwed with me... so it doesn't actually start with rain on the album but nice touch lyric video nice touch.
So the gist of it is a rainy day in Seoul and how that makes you feel. I happy to personally love rainy days and have been hoping for a stormy (like thunder and lightening kind of spring day FOR FUCKING EVER but I'm a werido) The rhythm is nice and it actually does sound like raindrops in the background with headphones so I am digging it.
And can I just mention how much I love when Suga whispers his name before he raps like I've come to wait for it and I just get goosepimples now when it happens.
Okay summary: I think it is saying that rain means different things to different people overall the tone is loneliness and how they view themselves but for others the rain is painted in a different light. Look I'm not going to lie I am relying on other people to translate. I personally liked the beat and the rhythm and I have to be really relaxed in the rain and enjoy storms so to me I prefer rainy days.

7) BTS: Cypher Pt. 3: Killer (ft Supreme Boi)
Oh Oh Oh CYPHER rap Line

Okay for the record cypher's while cool and have dope beats do not translate well in English. Before you come at me I am not saying they need to I am just simply stating a fact. So while they are throwing shade at people and are meant to be be badass telling people you are a starfish and "I'm not a Buddha but I'm a butcher, I'll cut away your skin like a" and then nothing or calling people rock cobblers are just a few examples.
Now that being said. Again some of the shit they threw out there had me going
Suga came out the gate swinging and he wasn't playing. So some of the things he throws out are:
"You can try making rash sounds with your bird tongue. But that's just you trying to pass it off as rapping."
"My flow job catches all the no name rappers who think that they're all that"
"You can try to get me with those little words but I'll just become stronger, it's a wonder."
Now here's the moment I took a step back
"As you know my voice will turn you on. Whether it's a guy or girl. My tongue will make you come
And they lost me I seriously have no idea how Cypher ends or what the whole point of this review is.
Suga is now my bias wrecker you are welcome







8) INTERLUDE: What are you doing?
So basically this is Jungkook sing Mwohae which is What are you doing over and over with a beat so it was a nice break after what Suga did to us wouldn't you agree?

9) Could You turn Off Your Phone Please?
So this is probably a version of our PSA (public service announcement) And being the old wise woman I am I have to agree with it. There is nothing more annoying to me then to go out to dinner or be hanging out with someone and they are constantly on their phone. I mean why did you even invite me then? This song is all of them together and arguing because one of them *cough RM* is mad that Suga text him that he is going to the bathroom while Suga argues that it's the 21st century everyone is using their phones why doesn't he get it. While JHope is trying to keep the piece and wanting to go to dinner but now a PC cafe. They mention how they miss how people use to talk face to face and why are they constantly on their phones taking pictures etc. I appreciate the message boys I do. I sincerely do!

10) Blanket Kick
Okay now I might be wrong (cause we all know I've been wrong before) but.... this might be a love song... RM starts us off with he acts childish because he is shy. I was too shy to become your sun so I became  a cold moon
so while part of me thinks this is a love song BTS is known to lie and rip my heart out so I am just going to be all sad and wait it out. Like the cold moon I am... although he does the embarrassment of squealing into our blanket when someone does something cute you know what I mean come on now... we've all done it after a Run episode.
And then our sweet little bun bun sings about only you again and V comes in and let's us know he is acting weird in front of us and I am serious back to thinking that this is another high school crush song that we needed in our lives. Yep seriously high school crush song and seriously DAD WHY DID YOU CALL SUGA was going to kiss us OMG! we finally got a crush song that didn't end in heartache. Also can we just take a moment to appreciate how Hobi raps? It's slow like speaking however it's a distinct rap.

11) 24/7 = Heaven
OMG
We got a crush song that didn't end badly and now we have a first date song SHUT THE FRONT DOOR YO next thing you will know we will get a love song, sex song, and a baby song?!?! HELL YA! First off this is adorable. They think about us all night planning the date, what they are going to wear. This is like the sweetest song. Next add to the fact that RM sings. He is singing in this when did this happen? Anywho I am excited to see how an album called Dark & Wild can end with a first date?

12) Look At Me
Okay let's take a moment to appreciate the acoustic guitar that leads us off. I like it. then let's admire the confidence on Suga. Like the starting line of Holy shit even if  you ignore me you'll fall for me for a minute. We look good together. well...
Suga damn... okay then boi.
Unrelated what's with the flower and bee metaphors they use a lot is that a Korean thing?
continue
And now we are honey and they are a bear...
They repeat look here don't run away and I don't know why but I am getting some serious Michael Jackson' vibes from the background music... anyone else? I would kill for a live video or music video of this one...
This is going to be that song where they break up and she is good until he quits chasing her and then she wants him back and he doesn't want her. I think that is where this is heading... call me crazy. Also could these lyric videos all get together and just pick a color and designate that Suga will forever be green in every single lyric video FOR EVERYONE
Unrelated apparently RM likes 'em big he likes 99kg for those in the US and the only country that does lbs that is 218 219 you're welcome ;0) (I gotcha boo)
Needless to say this is a fun little bop and one to have on when dancing and wanting a cute bop to just kick it to.

13) 2nd Grade
Bang it bang it... Aww this is about their second year in kpop

They talk about what it was like the first year and now how they have juniors.
Work it out work it out...
omg this song and it's feelings so much feelz
Burn it up burn it up
I like this song it's quick easy and has a beat. I like that they remind everyone they are only on their 2nd year (thought I didn't know that when I first heard it) I like the message now and I like that they are still moving forward.

14) OUTRO: Does That Make Sense?
I am starting to see a pattern where most of their outros are the vocal line and I am okay with this pattern. And we have yet another break up song that has me way too deep in my feels wondering why do we have to hurt my vocal line so much. That they are asking us to explain it to them?

Why do we keep doing this to our precious babies why?!

Also why do we always end these albums on such sad notes?!

Comments