How Do I pick a Fest?

 


There are so many FanFic Fest out there now and days and these are just the ones I am currently signed up for. I still have to sign up or pick a claim for: 

BTS Holiday Fest

Rare Pair Fest

Interlude Soulmate 

Sovereign Taeghung Royal Fest

BTS Throwback Fest

Crowned In Glory Fest

JinMin Fest

Slytherin Taehyung Fest

JinKook Fest

Pending Titles Fest

YoonJin Fest

And that is not including Bingo Cards, Pair Weeks, Fic Exchanges or Months

So, with all this happening how do you pick a fest, a month, a week, or a claim to focus on? What does a writer do especially with REAL LIFE, other obligations, how do you stay sane, how do you not get overwhelmed? 

The idea of all of this is to pace yourself, pick only the ones that you can do. Remember the whole point of all of this is to just have fun. You want to write so that you can enjoy what you are doing. Writing fanfic is after all for YOU and your enjoyment not for other people. Yes, other people reading it and enjoying it is fun and satisfying in its own way but you don't want to get overwhelmed. 

I work a full-time job in mental health. I run 9 programs as an agency director for a local mental health department. I enjoy my Monday thru Friday 8-5 with crisis calls in between and weekends. Writing is my escape. I sign up for these because it gives me something to do to escape my duties from the "real world". Monday thru Friday I deal with depression, anxiety, forensic, substance use, and suicidal patients. 

So, when I come home at night and on the weekends all I want to do is fade off to fluff and cuddles, best friends turned to lovers, and most importantly BIG talks of love and mutual pinings. So for me to sign up for all of this I desire it. I want it and I look forward to it. Maybe if I were in college and studying every day or if I had a significant other or children things would be different but for now. This schedule is perfect for me. But, for you. You have to do a schedule and pick the fest that works for you. Pick the fest that makes you the MOST excited. The ones that make you want to rush home every night to write. The ones that when you are hanging out with other people you are thinking about.

Those are the fest that you should be signing up for. OR BTS Holiday fest as that is the one I am hosting.... 

Which fest are you interested in? Have you signed up for any? How do you choose?

Comments