Playlist for Writing Sad, sad fanfics


I am a firm believer that music makes the scene. So, when I am writing I always pick a song or group of songs that will set the mood I am aiming for with my fic. Sometimes, I need a deep, sad, hurt's like hell playlist. Other times I need to feel like a stalker, yander, or just unrequited love. Then thankfully I tend to spread those out with some good old fashion fluff and or domestic love.

But, then I will sign up for a fest that is MCD (M-Major, C-Character, D-Death) and well that is a hard genre to write for. So I have to figure out some music that will help me set the mood. The latest fest that I am writing for is @ghostly|writing I picked 2 prompts which will be released next month (look forward to that!) but to get in the mood I needed some seriously sad music. So, cue me spending an entire night finding, listening to, and arranging an MCD/Sad playlist on Spotify which I will now share with you. I hope you find inspiration from it. 

I present my MCD playlist (AKA really sad depressing songs that can inspire great writing)

Comments